gustavo at niemeyer.net
Fri Oct 5 10:29:53 PDT 2007
Smart 0.52 has just been published.
Download information is available at http://labix.org/smart
MD5SUM: f1681adedd18b86f679a53ad8361c9e9 (check it!)
Some of the changes in this version:
- Added a more practical message before "Configuration is in
- Added Russian translations, by Aleksey Klimov.
- Applied patch from Peter Warasin fixing the fallback encoding
in the RPM pm module.
- Made apt-deb channels not break up when the uncompressed version of
the package isn't available in the MD5Sum list, which is the case
in a few repositories.
- Only allow one initialization of the Smart library at a time, enforced
by a lock.
- Implemented smart.initialized() function, to test if Smart was
already initialized before and not yet deinitialized.
- In the deb backend, catch OSError on the waitpid, check if it was
caused by an EINTR error, and retry in these cases.
- Implemented cache-loaded and cache-loaded-pre-link hooks, with
- The debian tag loader would load an incorrect architecture if
asked to. This change fixes that, and adds a test to ensure
that it continues to be the case.
- Command query --show-all will now show requires properly (instead
of only pre-requires).
- Check for access rights in /etc/auto.master, rather than checking
for file existence (patch from Ubuntu).
More information about the Smart