Smart upgrade extremely slow (or hangs)

Frederik freggy at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 09:07:50 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade from Mandriva 2007.1 to Cooker using Smart 0.51.
I guess this involves installation of about 1000 RPM packages. Now
when I run smart upgrade, smart starts using 100% of CPU time and
seems to hang at the "computing transactions" step. After it had used
30 mins of CPU time, I decided to kill smart, as that does not seem
normal to me. I tried disable psyco, but this did not change anything.
The machine is a P4 1,7 Ghz with 384 MB RAM.

Is this expected behaviour? How can I further debug this, to find out
what is happening?

--
Frederik