Upgrade SuSE 10.2 to 10.3 with smart?

Peter B. West lists at pbw.id.au
Tue Sep 4 20:30:15 PDT 2007

I've just had a look at the upgrade of SuSE 10.2 to 10.3 Beta 2. I was
immediately scared off by the unresolved dependencies. I have been using
smart and the guru channel to keep my 10.2 software updated. Just
recently, I wanted to compile Gimp 2.4 RC1, and I got into a quagmire
with Factory packages and raw builds, trying to resolve unsatisfied
configure requirements to get a Gimp build to work. (I'm currently stuck
on the gtkhtml build, which doesn't like the dbus-1 packages I got from
factory.

Has anyone any ideas on the feasibility of switching over to the 10.3
packages using smart?

Peter
--
Peter B. West <http://cv.pbw.id.au/>