Upgrade SuSE 10.2 to 10.3 with smart?

Jani Partanen jiipee at sotapeli.fi
Thu Sep 6 15:48:02 PDT 2007

Can't you remove dbus-1 package?

But what I have learn of distro upgrade on fedora, save way to do upgrade is just make copy of /lib /usr/lib and /lib64 /usr/lib64 to some place. Then add that paths to ld.so.conf, after that it's quite safe to force remove most of the conflicting packets.
If there is lot of conflicts and you just use the force, you most likely break system very badly.

After system is up to date and all old distro channels is removed from smart and it won't give any errors, it's safe to delete backup lib folders and paths from ld.so.conf