[issue351] rpm-backend: overfrequent cache updates (not repository updates)

apriori at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Tue Jan 1 12:11:32 PST 2008

New submission from apriori <apriori at dkc-clan.de>:

When e.g. only searches are done to the db via smart search, smart still
insists on doing a cache update whenever the program is run or (with the gui)
after leaving the channel option dialog (even with unchanged channels). I don't
know the details of smart, though I doubt out of comon sense that this many
cache updates are necessary. Could the cache update instead be linked to e.g.
modification time of the rpmdb instead?

messages: 1270
nosy: apriori
priority: bug
project: smart
status: unread
title: rpm-backend: overfrequent cache updates (not repository updates)