[issue357] smart downloads 64 bit packages on system with 32-Bit user space

Matthias at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Thu Jan 31 13:34:14 PST 2008

New submission from Matthias <matthias_berndt at gmx.de>:

Hi,

I have debian sid running here. I use a 64-bit kernel and a 32-bit userland.
Now when I install new packages with smart, it downloads 64-bit packages, which
dpkg refuses to install, because it wants 32-bit packages. So i currently can't
use smart to install any packages.
dpkg --print-architecture
should thus be used to determine the CPU architecture instead of whatever smart
does now.

messages: 1296
nosy: Matthias
priority: bug
project: smart
status: unread
title: smart downloads 64 bit packages on system with 32-Bit user space