what is the best choice: smart, apt-rpm or yum

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Jan 7 01:00:51 PST 2008

ho thanh hai wrote:

> I am now studying in update tools for a rpm system (similar to
> CentOS). Our team focus in:  yum, apt-rpm and smart. You can give us
> some advices (which we should chose for our system).

I've also been using all three on my development systems (Fedora or
CentOS), since there is always some feature that I'm missing from the
older systems that isn't yet available in the newer ones...

They can all share the same metadata (createrepo), so that should make
it easier for you to determine which tool you are most comfortable with
using ? I moved from RPM to APT to Yum to Smart, myself.