what is the best choice: smart, apt-rpm or yum

Mauricio Teixeira mteixeira at webset.net
Wed Jan 9 02:07:28 PST 2008

ho thanh hai wrote:
> I am now studying in update tools for a rpm system (similar to CentOS).
> Our team focus in:  yum, apt-rpm and smart. You can give us some advices
> (which we should chose for our system).

Hard to say... Depends on what is important to you...

No package manager is perfect. You need to try all and see which one
suits you best.

Besides, I think most replies in this list will be very biased. :)

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) | Sao Paulo/SP/BR      %
% mteixeira{a}webset{d}net    | http://smartpm.org   %

NOTE: This is my personal e-mail account. I do NOT use
it to speak for my employer or any of my co-workers.