Is Smart available on Embedded Linux?

Mauricio Teixeira mteixeira at webset.net
Wed Jan 16 03:35:48 PST 2008

Ho Thanh Hai wrote:
> I know that Yum used only Python, Smart also use Python but the speed of
> smart is very different from yum, what makes the differences? Beside

Both may use the same language, but the algorithm is very different.
Also, Smart use some C compiled modules to speed up (like cElement tree
for interpreting XML files) and Psyco (Python pre-compiler).

For what I could see on Yum's code, it's all Python driven, and uses
very long and detailed methods to get to the same point as Smart gets
with very less lines.

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) | Sao Paulo/SP/BR      %
% mteixeira{a}webset{d}net    | http://smartpm.org   %

NOTE: This is my personal e-mail account. I do NOT use
it to speak for my employer or any of my co-workers.