smart and slackware and rpm-python

Mauricio Teixeira mteixeira at webset.net
Thu Jan 31 05:32:56 PST 2008

On 01/31/2008 11:26 AM, Helmut Hullen wrote:
> I try to use "smart" (smart 0.52) under slackware.
> Something seems to work ...
> Now I have copied a channel file (SuSE repo) to another and then changed
> the lines to another repo (which is reachable via FTP).

http://labix.org/smart
"Notice that this project is *not* a magical bridge between every
distribution in the planet. Instead, this is a software offering *better
package management* for these distributions, even when working with
*their own packages*."

This means that, even though you can mix Slackware and SUSE packages
because Smart can do it, that will certainly break your system.

Anyway, if you wanna play and try it, you need rpm-python before being
able to do it.

Remember: it *WILL* break your system.

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) | Sao Paulo/SP/BR      %
% mteixeira{a}webset{d}net    | http://smartpm.org   %

NOTE: This is my personal e-mail account. I do NOT use
it to speak for my employer or any of my co-workers.