Alternative forms of metadata

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Jul 28 00:09:18 PDT 2008

Grant McWilliams wrote:

> So it comes down to the following three choices?
>
> Require YUM/Zypp
> Don't support the new and possibly "standard more effecient repo
> styles"
> Write another download parser
> I guess it comes down to how much time people have and what
> functionality we actually need.

Suppose it was my way of saying that I won't need the solv data :-)

But I had also assumed that it was a repodata addition, since it
seemed to be located in the repodata directory, but it looks like
it is an external channel format so makes for a separate feature...

> Is there any way to cheat and include code from Yum/Zypp that would
> allow Smart to sidestep needing a specialized download parser for
> these new metadata types? Sounds messy though.

Sure, copy/paste is always an option too - licensing permitting.