smart error leads to app-freeze

Mauricio Teixeira mteixeira at webset.net
Sun Jul 20 10:46:11 PDT 2008

Em Sáb, 2008-07-19 às 23:33 -0400, Claude Jones escreveu:
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/smart/util/filetools.py", line 31, in
> getFileDigest
>     file = open(path)
>
> TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

Hi Claude,

Looks like Smart tries do download channel information, but fails, and
the failure is not being caught by any of the conditionals in the code.

Would you please run 'smart update' in a a terminal window, and send the
full output (in a txt file attached)?

When Smart freezes, hit "CTRL+Z" then "killall -9 smart". That should
release it without the need to reboot.

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) | Sao Paulo/SP/BR      %
% mteixeira{a}webset{d}net    | http://smartpm.org   %

NOTE: This is my personal e-mail account. I do NOT use
it to speak for my employer or any of my co-workers.