future of smart

Grant McWilliams grantmasterflash at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 02:25:04 PDT 2008

> Actually it does have a Smart backend, though it is not 100% complete.
> Summary at http://packagekit.org/pk-faq.html#how-complete, and code at:
> http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=packagekit.git;a=tree;f=backends/smart
>
> --anders

I thought someone came here quite a while ago and said they were going to do
a backend for it. At the time I had no idea what Packagekit was. I have no
problem with one gui handling all package managers just as long as the
package manager is the best. If we were all using one interface to our
packages then maybe we could all decide finally what format that package was
in? (and at that exact moment hell freezes over as pigs fly by the kitchen
window).

Grant