future of smart

Richard Hendershot rshendershot at mchsi.com
Thu Jun 12 05:04:35 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 00:14 -0700, Grant McWilliams wrote:

> The problem is I have several hundred airplane mechanics using Smart
> that don't understand why it's "broken". These folks like to submit
> tech support tickets when something doesn't work.

Perhaps the solution to such enterprise support is not in the package
manager.  If you moderated your own repository you could vet the
packages and provide for them all being consistent to your users.
Please don't beat upon me if this makes no sense in your situation as
I'm just...

-devil's advocate
--
Richard Hendershot <rshendershot at mchsi.com>