Smart config file parsing

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Jun 13 13:37:15 PDT 2008

Cliff Wells wrote:

>> The configuration and mirrors work differently in Smart than in Yum,
>> but that fortunately doesn't mean one has to do everything
>> manually...
>
> Except that the smart-config virtual package only includes the default
> channels.  I don't know of many people who don't add more repositories
> (my laptop must have at least six non-standard ones).

Sorry, I meant the smart-config packages as in plural - I have a few
(but not too many, since most things are mirrored in the local repo)

But there's usually something like "foo-release" which provides the
apt/yum/smart repository configuration, such as rpmforge-release ?

> Again, the manual editing isn't a huge issue, but I think that
> pretending it's totally useless is rather myopic.   It's only
> useless to
> those who don't want to use it.

Didn't mean that it is useless, both the "sync" channel plugins
and editing the .channel files directly surely have its uses...