smart groupinstall

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sat Jun 14 12:51:18 PDT 2008

Grant McWilliams wrote:

> I made the necessary patches/additions to smart, so that it will
> read the
> "group" entry from the repomd.xml and create virtual packages
> accordingly.
>
> So about syntax. I'm guessing we'll have some new options then.
>
> Are we looking at a smart groupinstall <groupname>
>
> or Smart install --group=<groupname>
>
> or other?

As written, it will add the virtual packages with a prefix.
So it would be something like: "smart install ^<groupname>"

Here is an example, showing the Yum command and the Smart
equivalent using these new virtual packages (from comps):

yum groupinstall "X Software Development"
smart install ^x-software-development

As shown earlier, these two should be somewhat comparable:

yum grouplist
smart query --group=Virtual --show-summary

There is no marking yet of any "installed" virtual packages.

To clarify, the groups in Smart are the ones from RPM/DEB.
The Yum groups are instead converted into virtual packages.