Is it possible to use yum mirrors URLs with smart?

Andre Costa blueser at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 04:52:14 PST 2008

Hi,

all yum repos on my Fedora 9 have mirrors defined like this:

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-f$releasever.newkey&arch=$basearch

Will it work if I create a new up2date Mirror Channel for smart providing
this as the URL (replacing 9 for $releasever and x86_64 for $basearch)? I
tried that but it doesn't seem to be working...

I know I could define mirror URLs directly through "Edit > Mirrors" on the
GUI, but it's kinda boring entering each URL by hand -- <hint>it would be
perfect if this screen could import mirror URLs from a file. Even better:
from a URL! =) </hint>

Also, a couple of related questions:

- if I provide a mirror, I should disable the corresponding RPM-MD channel,
right?
- where are the channels specs stored? /etc/smart/channels doesn't contain
all the channels I created with the GUI

Regards,

Andre