Smart 1.3 release delay

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Nov 6 01:43:29 PST 2009

> I'm guessing that the planned feature list for 1.3 was (once again)
> a bit much, and that we'll need to trim it down to get 1.3 out...
>
> I suppose it *could* be done as "1.2.1", but better to release 1.3
> and start the feature list over as version 1.4 to avoid confusion ?

I moved these to a new milestone "1.2.1", to make things clearer:
(and merged all to https://code.launchpad.net/~afb/smart/staging)

They're already released downstream (fedora/ubuntu/mandriva/opensuse),
so it's more a question of merging upstream than anything else...

Fedora:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/302453 (mdclean)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/331935 (sha256)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/337798 (unicode)
Mandriva:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/337108 (lzma)
OpenSUSE:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/338760 (newer)
Ubuntu:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/340207 (test_python*)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/388577 (curl_timeout*)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/389001 (detect_plugins*)
>
> * already merged

The "1.3" milestone will probably get pushed to the end of the year,
which is a slight release date slippage of 5 months or something. :-P

As mentioned earlier there are *lots* if interface enhancements and
backend improvements, so some might even be pushed to "1.4" instead ?

I'll move these to "trunk", as soon as I can get Bazaar cooperating.
"Warning: criss-cross merge encountered.  See bzr help criss-cross."

Please give it a try, there are even test cases for lzma and sha256.
I don't think Launchpad hosts tarballs, so "branch" will have to do.