Project maintainer is changing!

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Tue Nov 24 09:55:25 PST 2009

Dear Smarters,

After many years of development in Smart, I feel like the time has
come to hand out the project maintenance to someone else.  Anders F.
Björklund will be taking care of the project from today on.

I'm very happy that Smart has survived that long with a reasonable
community adoption, and I have to say that in the last several months
Anders has been doing a fantastic job keeping up with requests in the
mailing list, in the bug tracker, and shuffling bzr branches around.
So much so that I feel today like I'm blocking the progress of the
project by taking control of the development process when I actually
don't have enough time for doing it properly.

With that in mind, I won't go away entirely from the project, and will
be around for answering about undocumented code or other specific
questions, but Anders is now entirely free to push forward the project
as he understands is the best direction for the project to move on.

Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed over those years, including
Conectiva and Canonical, which directly and indirectly contributed to
the development of the project.

Now, please keep up with Anders.  I feel like a better time for the
Smart project is about to be seen.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net