Project maintainer is changing!

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Nov 24 13:26:16 PST 2009

Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:

> After many years of development in Smart, I feel like the time has
> come to hand out the project maintenance to someone else.  Anders F.
> Björklund will be taking care of the project from today on.

Thank you! I'll be doing all project maintenance in the interim.
In the long run, it'll be a team: https://launchpad.net/~smartpm

> I'm very happy that Smart has survived that long with a reasonable
> community adoption, and I have to say that in the last several months
> Anders has been doing a fantastic job keeping up with requests in the
> mailing list, in the bug tracker, and shuffling bzr branches around.
> So much so that I feel today like I'm blocking the progress of the
> project by taking control of the development process when I actually
> don't have enough time for doing it properly.

https://launchpad.net/smart should be reasonably up-to-date when
it comes to development, and the home page is http://smartpm.org

Launchpad is the best place to look when it comes to code, bugs,
feature requests and eventually (not yet) blueprints and roadmaps.

The project homepage features the wiki, manual and the releases.

This mailing list and freenode (#smart) will be used for discussions,
if you have any further input on improving the development process ?

> With that in mind, I won't go away entirely from the project, and will
> be around for answering about undocumented code or other specific
> questions, but Anders is now entirely free to push forward the project
> as he understands is the best direction for the project to move on.

As noted earlier, a minor release this month and a major this year...
The exact scope of a "Smart 1.3" isn't entirely clear at the moment.

> Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed over those years, including
> Conectiva and Canonical, which directly and indirectly contributed to
> the development of the project.

And we all want to thank Gustavo for writing Smart in the first place!