Can't add urpmi channel in Mandriva 2010.1 with Smart 1.3.1 or 1.4, AND >98% CPU load

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Thu Dec 2 11:02:08 PST 2010

>> The other thing I should also mention is that the urpmisync branch does
>> not appear to get the xml failure before it gets the mirror sync issue.
>
> I'll see if I am able to reproduce the urpmisync mirror issue again...
> Don't seem to have a bug report about it, other than too many downloads.

OK, I fixed the bug. It was adding mirrors for the baseurl,
but the baseurl had been modified with the "with-dir" subdir.
So instead of the mirror being registered for the Base URL,
it was registered for the Sub Dir like "media/main/updates".

This made the MD5SUM fetch look in the root of the mirror,
instead of in the proper subdirectory. I now added a new key
"directory" to hold it, and got rid of some redundancy...
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~afb/smart/urpmisync/revision/970