Smart needs some testing

metzench at ccux-linux.de metzench at ccux-linux.de
Thu Dec 9 01:33:32 PST 2010

Hi!

Anders F Björklund schrieb:
>> IMHO this should be fixed, a change of release should not make smart
>> unusable.
>> I'm obliged to use zypper, that uses a different mechanism to solve
>> dependencies, but zypper doesn't solve correctly certain dependencies
>> (smart yes).
>
> If I'm reading this correctly, it worked OK in Smart 1.2/1.3
> but does not with Smart 1.4 ? If so, that is indeed trouble.

Yes you are right, same problem here. We already talked about that some
weeks ago. Can´ t find any usable solution. Hope you keep up the good work
and find any fix for this.

We are already discussing a smart alternative for the next major release,
but i better want back my smart pm. :-)

Regards,
Christian Metzen
CCux Linux Lead Development