smart translation (qt interface)

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Feb 8 02:32:44 PST 2010

Antenore Gatta wrote:

>>> I'd like also to participate a bit in the development, any chance I
>>> will be accepted?
>>
>> Sure, what development and/or changes are you considering ?
>> I've sketched a few roadmap items in the form of the bugs on LP.
>
> I'm mainly interested in the QT interface (+ plasma widget, if
> interested) at the moment.

What are the main differences between a plasma widget and the
system tray icon* ? Is it just that you can drag the indicator
out from the tray area, or does it offer any other advantages ?
* http://launchpadlibrarian.net/38518665/smart-ksmarttray4.png

Currently the Qt interface is (almost) identical to the GTK+
interface, and the KDE system tray icon to the GNOME applet...
But neither of those are released yet, so there's only the old
ksmarttray (i.e. for kde3) and the xfce4-smartpm-plugin (gtk)

But both of the graphic interfaces are made to look and feel
the same, and share as much of the code as possible as well.

The plan is to update them to utilize Qt 4.4+ and GTK 2.16+,
but that doesn't mean much besides having to rewrite stuff...