Still unable to use Smart with Mandriva

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Fri Aug 5 04:20:38 PDT 2011

Steve Morris wrote:

>>>    I have just upgraded my Mandriva System to 2011.0 and synced smart to those urpmi repositories but I am still unable to use smart. Before syncing I deleted the smart cache and deleted all existing repository definitions, then ran the smart gui.
>> As far as I know, Mandriva 2011.0 is not released and there is nobody working on developing/testing Smart 1.4 on it.
> 2011.0 is at RC2 at the moment I believe, but they have released it into repositories in directory 'Official' which is causing some misconceptions on what it actually is. They have also update the version of smart in their 2011 repository to 1.4 but it doesn't work because of the old problem of trying to process a cz compressed file as a standard xml file.

Is this the real smart 1.4, or the "mandriva" branch ?

Previously Mandriva have been using their own fork,
which had some issues like the one you are describing...
I merged the applicable code, and added some workarounds
for where it had a LZMA / XZ file as a .xml, and so on.

Try with https://launchpad.net/smart/+download source.