Merged upcoming to master, and launchpad to github

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sun Aug 31 06:40:14 PDT 2014

Stephen Morris wrote:

>    I have downloads the tar file for smart 1.5 from http://smartpm.github.io/smart and run it, but I have an error saying that cdistance cannot be found. Can you refresh my memory on what needs to be done to rectify this?

There is no 1.5 (yet), but I gather you downloaded "master".

If you just run "make" (or python setup.py build), then Python will use the "build" directory...
To make it possible to run from the source directory, one has to use "make ext" (i.e. --inplace)

  --inplace (-i)       ignore build-lib and put compiled extensions into the
                       source directory alongside your pure Python modules

Supposedly this makes it easier for packaging or something ?

Smart will *not* fall back to using the pure-python versions, this is an old feature or something.
Forgot what the reason was, but one has to hack the source code to make it not try to load them...

from cdistance import *