Smart 1.4.1 Hangs When Large Numbers of new Packages

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Tue Jun 17 10:39:14 PDT 2014

On 6/16/14, 11:05 PM, Pavel Nemec wrote:
> Exactly same issue on RH4, 5 an 6.
> I have suspicion that dep. solver can't handle multiple provides of file based
> dependencies. But it might be just hunch.

Within the Yocto Project we've got a slightly modified version of smart
(supported RPM5's recommended packages), and of course uses RPM 5 vs 4.

I've been doing things with package feeds in 1200-2000 package range and not
experience any significant issues.  (99% of my runs though are using smart
'install', not upgrade.)  I'll keep watching and let you know if I experience
any issues as I start to do more upgrades.

FYI, we're using Python 2.7 as well.

--Mark