Anyone still using smart ?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Thu Aug 11 07:35:22 PDT 2016

Hi!

Is there anyone or any distribution still using smart for their package management ?
I haven't really myself, since 2011 (almost 5 years!) with the smart-1.4.1 release.

http://labix.org/smart
https://launchpad.net/smart

We did do the smart-1.5 release on github, with the patches from the Yocto project.
But I don't have access to the labix.org page, so it is only available on GitHub.

http://smartpm.github.io/smart
https://github.com/smartpm/smart

With the dnf and the apt, is there still need for smart ? Not sure that I see it...

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ReplaceYumWithDNF
https://mvogt.wordpress.com/2014/04/04/apt-1-0/ (apt 1.0)

I have mostly received requests to redo the whole thing in Py3 or Qt4, to no effect.
(i.e. it was ported from python to python3, or from gtk to qt4. but still the same)

Should we keep the project alive ? Does anyone want to take over the maintenance ?