gdebi like interface using the smart engine

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Tue Nov 21 05:32:56 PST 2006

> I am working on making a gdebi[1] like interface for smart. The gui
> part was pretty straight forward, but now I am trying to figure out
> how to extract information from the local file.

Sweet!

> It looks like I will be able to modify the install command to handle
> the install pretty easily.  But, when I run smart info <localfile> I
> get the following error.

The install command has a bit of glue that allows it to handle
file packages as well. Most of the logic is in the infrastructure
though, so it should be fairly easy to use the same idea in the
info command, if you're interested on it.

Please have a look at smart/commands/install.py.  Should be fairly
straightforward.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net