How to know which files have errors

J.L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Sat Dec 22 07:37:37 PST 2007

Hi,
I have for several months problems with smart as it gives a whole bunch
of errors apparently related to channel-files but which and why is not
presented. The most elusive error is The first line of the whole message
set which is given below (unsupported scheme) but I can't find which
file is related to this error:
error: Unsupported scheme: ttp
error: Invalid XML file:
error:   /var/lib/smart/channels/updates-debuginfo%%
http:__download.fedora.redhat.com_pub_fedora_linux_core_updates_7_x86_64_debug_repodata_repomd.xml
error:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/7/x86_64/debug/repodata/repomd.xml
error:   mismatched tag: line 23, column 4
error: Invalid XML file:
error:   /var/lib/smart/channels/updates-source%%
http:__download.fedora.redhat.com_pub_fedora_linux_core_updates_7_SRPMS_repodata_repomd.xml
error:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/7/SRPMS/repodata/repomd.xml
error:   mismatched tag: line 23, column 4
error: Invalid XML file:
error:   /var/lib/smart/channels/updates-testing-debuginfo%%
http:__download.fedora.redhat.com_pub_fedora_linux_core_updates_testing_7_x86_64_debug_repodata_repomd.xml
error:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/7/x86_64/debug/repodata/repomd.xml
error:   mismatched tag: line 23, column 4
/etc/cron.daily/sa_update:

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string
at /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Scalar/Util.pm line
30.
As smart is part of a cronjob I get these errors every day.
I have tried smart update after removing the complete channels directory
but it gave the same channels with the same errors. Apparently I do
something stupid but hopefully anybody can give me a clue.

Besides this, I wish everybody on this list a very good X-mas and a
happy 2008.
Thanks

Joep