Smart upgrade extremely slow (or hangs)

Jani Partanen jiipee at sotapeli.fi
Sun Sep 2 09:43:22 PDT 2007

For some reason smart still has problems to resolve some depensies. For some
reason if there if some packages what it can't upgrade, it just hang.
Apt-get or yum normally handles this and offer to remove that packets.

Thats why I have now done distro upgrade in small parts. Even still it's hit
and miss run, so sometimes it just hang.