What is the problem - and with whom?

Ludwig Nussel ludwig.nussel at suse.de
Thu Mar 20 02:10:51 PDT 2008

Basil Chupin wrote:
> Everything was working just fine until a couple of days ago when
> openSUSE's zypper did some upgrades - and it so happens that I saw that
> python was one of the files being upgraded.
>
> Since this upgrade, smart does not work.

Try reinstalling python from the installation medium. If smart works
with that one reinstall the update and check smart again. If smart
breaks with the updated python the update is faulty. Please file a
bug report at bugzilla.novell.com in this case or contact
security at suse.de (last update was a security update).

cu
Ludwig