Distributions going smart & bugfixes?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Jan 6 14:56:25 PST 2009

Mauricio Teixeira wrote:

>> Did you have some opinions about the code at:
>> https://launchpad.net/smart/+milestone/1.1.2
>> https://launchpad.net/smart/+milestone/1.2
>
> This sure looks like an interesting usage of Launchpad resources. :)

Hopefully that's a good kind of "interesting", I'm still not
very confident in how Smart's Launchpad is supposed to be used.

It was just an attempt to bring down the number of open bugs
and code branches to something that was more easy to handle...

> Well, I can't tell much about the linked bugs, since I am not
> following the discussions on them, but it does seem like a very
> interesting list to run after.

I'm getting something of an exponential growth in the number
of different code paths when looking at the "1.3" and "2.0"
features (or whatever you want to call the futuristic ideas)
So I would like to cut a few of the dozen branches I have...

>> I believe "mirrorlist" needed some feedback ?
>
> I did proposed to merge the code some time in the past:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~netmask/smart/mirrorlist/+merge/500
>
> If you look at the comments, I replied and worked on all issues
> Gustavo asked, it just needed a second review from him to be fully
> merged.
>
> Notice I did not test with Smart > 1.0, so it does need another shot.
> Maybe I can do it some time this week, if you guys can wait.

I specifically meant the comments in:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/247351/comments/10
and the add-on hack I did for metalink:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/314070

> Anything else you would like me to help?

There was yumsync, which was more or less ready to go ?
(and the sibling zyppsync, which has a lot in common)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/245109
https://code.launchpad.net/~smartpm/smart/plugins

I believe you were also involved in changelog addition ?
(maybe also in the extra rpm-md pathlist parsing added)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/245338
https://code.launchpad.net/~smartpm/smart/changelog

I also added the "smart-applet", as it seemed ready ?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/253093

Gustavo might have some more code specifics, but those
were the major additions with your name on them... :-)