Distributions going smart & bugfixes?

Mauricio Teixeira mauricio.teixeira at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 16:24:07 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Anders F Björklund <afb at algonet.se> wrote:
> I specifically meant the comments in:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/247351/comments/10

Commented.

> and the add-on hack I did for metalink:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/314070

Hm, I can't express opinions here, since I am not sure I have read
enough about metalink yet. :)

> There was yumsync, which was more or less ready to go ?
> (and the sibling zyppsync, which has a lot in common)

If I am not mistaken, I was waiting for mirrorlist to be approved
before yumsync, because it was dependent on the first.

> I believe you were also involved in changelog addition ?
> (maybe also in the extra rpm-md pathlist parsing added)

I don't remember exactly what I did here. I would need to review.

> I also added the "smart-applet", as it seemed ready ?
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/smart/+bug/253093

More or less. It works, but I didn't like the result, that's why I
never proposed a merge. I think it needs more polishing.

> Gustavo might have some more code specifics, but those
> were the major additions with your name on them... :-)

Great. Looks like you guys are trying to awake the beast in me. :P

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask)
% Sao Paulo/SP/BR

NOTE: This is my personal e-mail account. I do NOT use
it to speak for my employer or any of my co-workers.