Smart needs some testing

Antenore Gatta antenore at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 00:30:11 PST 2010

Hello Anders,

Find below a an initial test report, let me know if you need a bug
report in LP (I don't have too much time to verify the existence of a
bug)

# bzr branch lp:smart
# cd smart/
# python setup.py build_ext -i
root at tbow # python smart.py --interface=qt4

1) Update Channels

- Crash (abort) with the following trace:

QPixmap: It is not safe to use pixmaps outside the GUI thread
python: xcb_io.c:183: process_responses: Assertion `!(req &&
current_request && !(((long) (req->sequence) - (long)
(current_request)) <= 0))' failed.
Aborted

2) Seach

- OK, no issues found

3) Packages check-box (already reported).

- It's possible to select the check-box outside the check-box it self.

-----

root at tbow # python smart.py --gui

1) Update Channels

- OK, "Operation Progress" is back (was disappeared in the last
release, thought was my issue).

2) Separate groups

- Great! Really good job

OK. No issues found. Too big in large screens, see
http://imagebin.org/127050 for a screenshot
(maybe a spacer at the end would solve?).

root at tbow # python smart.py update

- Doesn't work with my setup, it takes ages (maybe forever) to
calculate the dependencies (already reported).

IMHO this should be fixed, a change of release should not make smart unusable.
I'm obliged to use zypper, that uses a different mechanism to solve
dependencies, but zypper doesn't solve correctly certain dependencies
(smart yes).

-----

To conclude, GREAT JOB!

All the additional information added, the icons legend, the reference
url makes Smart the most usable PM i used so far.

The only big issue I found, is the computational time needed to solve
dependencies in case of major changes  (i.e. all new repositories).

---

I need to be focused for a better test, let me know what you would
like to be fully tested in particular, I'll try...

Thanks a lot
Antenore.